problems with ati 9600 xinerama

Chuck Mead csm at MoonGroup.com
Sat Nov 27 11:36:19 PST 2004

Okay so I checked out the page at http://www.botchco.com/alex/dualhead/
and it clearly states that I should be able to do this. I've tried tons
of different configurations with no luck thus far.

I am consistently getting a failure on head1 as it says that the PCI ID
is not configured.

Here is the lspci output concerning video.

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV350 AP [Radeon
9600]
01:00.1 Display controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV350 AP [Radeon 9600]
(Secondary)

The installation is a RHEL4 Beta 2 install on an x86_64.

The xorg version is xorg-x11-6.8.1-12.

I am attaching my current xorg.conf file... please have a look and let
me know what else I can try.

txs!
--
csm at moongroup.com, head geek