i810: unable to set refresh rate higher than 85Hz

Marcus Schäfer ms at suse.de
Fri Oct 1 05:47:21 PDT 2004

Hi,

> I'm using a Acer Notebook with the following video card:
> Intel Corp. 82852/855GM Integrated Graphics Device (rev 02)
> as XServer I use xorg ver 6.7.0-r2.
>
> Now I wonna use an external monitor (lg flatron 915ft+) with a resolution of
> 1280x1024.
> The problem is, I only get a frequency refresh rate of 85Hz.
> The monitor is able to work with 100Hz, but I can't tell xorg to set a
> higher rate than 85Hz.

I think the i810 driver is bound to the BIOS because there are no public
specs for the chip. Because of this reason the driver can only use the
modes which are part of the BIOS. The XOrg.*.log file should tell you
more about the modes allowed.

Regards
Marcus
--
 Public Key available
 Marcus Schäfer (Res. & Dev.)   SUSE LINUX AG