Xorg coding style (Was: Re: Radeon TV-in support in Xorg CVS.)

Ryan Underwood nemesis-lists at icequake.net
Sun Oct 3 14:00:55 PDT 2004

On Sun, Oct 03, 2004 at 04:36:02PM -0400, Vladimir Dergachev wrote:
> It would really be nice if you explained to me why (off the list..) -
> maybe there is something I am missing that will make my life better.
>
> Otherwise, lets just agree on a compromise: you are free to run indent if
> you want to (and commit the result into the tree) and I am free to not use
> your style as a way to express myself as I am really not comfortable with
> it. I prefer to think about what I am coding and not how many spaces it
> needs.

Style complaints are not intended to impede your freedom of expression.
Having a consistent style for the project is necessary for other
developers to be able to read and understand your code at a glance.
This is a prerequisite for efficient distributed development.  Why not
maintain and test your code locally in your own style, and run it
through indent before committing it (ostensibly for others to hack on)?

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis at icequake.net>