Radeon TV-in support in Xorg CVS.

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Sun Oct 3 16:32:37 PDT 2004

On Sunday 03 October 2004 17:26, Tarmo Tanav wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-10-03 at 23:14 +0200, Matthieu Herrb wrote:
> > Vladimir Dergachev wrote:
> > > Radeon TV-in support is in Xorg CVS.
> > >
> > > Notes:
> > >
> > >    * Please pound on it ! I did test the code, but I have only
> > >      one machine so this was not exhaustive.
> >
> > It breaks the build on systems which have 'DoLoadableServer NO'.
>
> With 'DoLoadableServer YES' and 'MakeDllModules YES', I get this:
>
> (II) Loading extension XFree86-DRI
> (II) LoadModule: "radeon"
> (II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.so
> dlopen: /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.so: undefined symbol:
> xf86CreateI2CBusRec
> (EE) Failed to load /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.so

The offender is radeon_mm_i2c.c:

    xf86DrvMsg(pScrn->scrnIndex, X_INFO, "*** %p versus %p\n",
               xf86CreateI2CBusRec, CreateI2CBusRec);

This is not valid under dlloader, it makes the address of xf86CreateI2CBusRec
a weak data reference, which has to resolve at dlopen time.  Since at dlopen
time libi2c.so has not been loaded yet, it will not resolve.

There may be more cases like this, I'll do an audit.  For this particular one
I'm inclined to just delete this line, the user receives absolutely no useful
information from this message.

- ajax