Extention extention

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Mon Oct 4 14:33:34 PDT 2004

On Monday 04 October 2004 13:37, Ely Levy wrote:
> Hey,
> I remember someone saying that s/he wrote the extention extention,
> Is it in a working state?would it get into cvs soon?
> Are there any docs about the API?

Søren posted a precis covering the scope of the problem and the suggested
solutions:

http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/xorg/2004-July/001744.html

The general opinion was that a meta-extension was not the right solution, and
that a extending xlib or porting toolkits to xcb would yield almost identical
results.  He later posted a patch that extended xlib with an
XPrefetchExtensions call:

http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/xorg/2004-August/002156.html

- ajax