snapshot's xorg and r200 bug: fi1236_dump_status

Patrick McFarland unknown at panax.com
Sun Oct 10 11:47:08 PDT 2004

I'm currently trying to use  the xorg binary that is in the extra directory
(thanks to Dieter Nützel's hard work) with the r200 snapshot. I've installed
the xorg binary, the common snapshot, and the r200 snapshot, and triple
checked that its the xorg binary, and not my distro's (debian sid) xfree86
binary running. When it runs, it outputs an error in Xorg.log.0, and causes
the system to lock up requiring a sysreq to save it.

The error is..

Symbol fi1236_dump_status from
module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.o is unresolved!
.
.. which I think I've seen mentioned before on this list, in relation to the
gatos driver. I'm not trying to use tv-out, and my card doesn't even have
one, nor does it have a second head. So whats up?

Patrick "Diablo-D3" McFarland || unknown at panax.com