Xorg R6.8.1 Lockup

listmail at voltar-confed.org listmail at voltar-confed.org
Thu Oct 21 07:56:12 PDT 2004

I am having the exact same trouble by the way.  I can't use xorg at
all and have switched back to xfree.  With agpgart and the i180 kernel
modules loaded I get various kinds of lockups, including (but not
limited to) the one listed below.

I get hardware lockups even without the kernel modules loaded.  I hve
no idea what happens with those...

Without the drm kernel modules loaded, I can get Xfree to run...  So,
what can you do.

The really frustrating part is that I had a working (but older) xfree
running with agp/drm/etc.  I saw an xpm security warning on bugtraq,
so I ruined my working drm install.  I have not been able to get xfree
or xorg to work at all since that stupid decision.

Incidentally, I tried xorg 6.8.0, 6.8.1, the latest (a week
ago) cvs; xfree 4.4 (and cvs) and xfree 4.3, and kernel 2.4
and kernel 2.6 and varioius versions of glibc ...

Personally, I'm starting to wonder if I actually ever had dri
working...  But I know I did.   I have a gl app that I was able to run
before, but cannot now.

So ... is there any news on this?

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 14:13:56 +1300, Miles Roper <mroper at westcoastdhb.org.nz> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Posted this a few days back and got no response.  First time poster on this
> list, so not sure if this is the correct place for it.  I've done some
> googling and haven't found any answers as yet. Orginal email below.
>
> Have some major problems with the new Xorg release.  Seems to lock up with
> the below error when you do a left click on the desktop in icewm.  Doesn't
> happen all the time, but generally after a couple of seconds after pressing
> the left mouse button.  Right button works fine.
>
> Note compiling xorg with gcc 2.95, and glibc 2.1.3
>
> Error Below....
>
> Cheers
>
> Miles
>
> Fatal server error:
> lockup
>
> Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support
>          at http://wiki.X.Org
>  for help.
> Please also check the log file at "/var/log/Xorg.0.log" for additional
> information.
>
> Error in I810WaitLpRing(), now is 11345, start is 9344
> pgetbl_ctl: 0x13d60001 pgetbl_err: 0x0
> ipeir: 0 iphdr: ffffffff
> LP ring tail: a0 head: 10020 len: 10f001 start 2ac000
> eir: 0 esr: 1 emr: 3d
> instdone: ff7a instpm: 0
> memmode: 5 instps: 810
> hwstam: 9ac7 ier: 0 imr: 9ac7 iir: 0
> space: 65400 wanted 65528
>
> FatalError re-entered, aborting
> lockup

> Attention:
> The information contained in this message and/or attachments is intended
> only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
> confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission,
> dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon,
> this information by person or entities other than the intended recipient
> is prohibited.  If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and
> delete the material from your system and destroy any copies.

> Attention:
> The information contained in this message and/or attachments is intended
> only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
> confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission,
> dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon,
> this information by person or entities other than the intended recipient
> is prohibited.  If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your system and destroy any copies.

If riding in an airplane is flying, then riding in a boat is swimming.
67 jumps, 25.0 minutes of freefall, 48.9 freefall miles.