running ident on modular xorg tree

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Wed Sep 8 13:59:59 PDT 2004

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Jon Smirl wrote:

> Would it make sense to run indent over the new xorg modular source
> tree before a lot of people start using it? Then make it a policy that
> all check-ins are run through indent too? Given that the tree has been
> so heavily edited there's no real log trail that will be lost. Would
> it be good to use the same indent rules that the kernel uses? I'm not

What kernel?  :)

Like
http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/share/misc/indent.pro
http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/share/misc/style
http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=style&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=OpenBSD%20Current&arch=i386&format=html
http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=style&sektion=9&apropos=0&manpath=FreeBSD+5.2.1-RELEASE

> working in the xorg tree currently, but we're talking about doing this
> to the drm tree.

Since the code is getting farther from other implementations, it does make
sense and seems like it would be a good idea to have a consistent style.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 open source, Unix, *BSD, Linux training
	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/