FreeType failure building R6.7.0?

Kendall Bennett KendallB at scitechsoft.com
Fri Sep 10 11:25:18 PDT 2004

"Kendall Bennett" <KendallB at scitechsoft.com> (myself!) wrote:

> I have been having problems getting the R6.7.0 code to compile fully for
> me on Fedora Core 2. The build always stops when it gets to the step of
> building FreeType 2 with the errors below. It looks like some files are
> missing for some reason, mostly header files like 'ftmodule' etc. Is that
> a known problem with 6.7.0?

Well from the log it is clear that the problem is because it is trying to
build against the system installed FreeType rather than the one the comes
in the xc/extras directory.

How do I change the config to build against the one in xc/extras rather
than the system wide FreeType library? I can't seem to find any reference
to that in the docs.

Regards,

---
Kendall Bennett
Chief Executive Officer
SciTech Software, Inc.
Phone: (530) 894 8400
http://www.scitechsoft.com

~ SciTech SNAP - The future of device driver technology! ~