bugs

DEMAINE Benoit-Pierre benoit at demaine.info
Mon Sep 13 07:43:05 PDT 2004

Hy;

I have a laptop AMD1.4 with Debian SID; I use two kernels 2.4.25 and
2.6.8; both usually work fine, but have the same bugs about what I ll
explain. I installed X.org 6.8.0 today;

-registry- i installed registry a long time ago; regedit work fine for
both users and root; I used xorgcfg to generate /etc/X11/xorg.conf, but no
entry were added to registry; how do I do that ?

-synaptics mouse- I used to use both my touchpad and my USB mouses under
xfree, and when I switched to x.org I think it used to work fine ... but
when I installed the synaptics driver, xorg used only the mouse which is
called "mouse0"; note that I did not try the synaptics with xfree. What is
the way to use both USB and synaptics touchpad with xorg ? is it a
synaptics or an xorg bug ? what shall xorg.conf look like to support to
mouses ?

here is a part of it:
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Mouse1"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Protocol"      "ImPS/2"
        Option          "Device"        "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Mouse0"
        Driver          "synaptics"
        Option "Protocol" "auto-dev"
[..]
        Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
        Option "Emulate3Buttons" "false"
        Option          "SendCoreEvents"
        Option          "ZAxisMapping"          "4 5 6 7"
        Option "Repeater" "/dev/ps2mouse"
EndSection
Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier      "Default Layout"
        Screen  0       "Screen0"       0 0
        InputDevice     "Keyboard0"
        InputDevice     "Mouse0"        "AlwaysCore"
        InputDevice     "Mouse1"        "CorePointer"
EndSection

It looks to me that xorg never take care of the serverlayout part.

-DPMS- with xfree, I had a small script: '/usr/X11R6/bin/xset dpms force
off' I used to switch off the screen, but with xorg, it only turn it
black, and keep the light on; is that an other xorg bug or did I
misconfigured sth wrong ?

Section "Monitor"
[..]
        Option          "DPMS"