Ati Radeon Mobility 9000 2 port from Colorgraphics question

Kaczmarek, Thaddeus tkaczmar at Crownfin.com
Mon Sep 13 13:09:57 PDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 15:50, Alex Deucher wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 14:33:01 -0400, Kaczmarek, Thaddeus
> <tkaczmar at crownfin.com> wrote:
> > I was testing a Colorgraphics two port card based upon ATI Radeon
> > Mobility 9000 M9. Its Bus id's show up as
> >
> > (2:2:0) unknown card (0x130b/0x2512) using a ATI Technologies Inc Radeon
> > R250 Lf [Radeon Mobility 9000 M9]
> > (2:2:1) unknown card (0x130b/0x2513) using a ATI Technologies Inc Radeon
> > R250 Ln [Radeon Mobility 9000 M9] [Secondary]
>
> pay no attention to the secondary PCI id.  it's just a placeholder for
> the windows drivers.  when configuring multihead just use the primary
> id for both devices.
>
> Alex

If I use

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
	BusID       "PCI:2:2:0"
        Driver      "ati"
        VendorName  "Radeon Mobility 9000"
        BusID       "PCI:2:2:0"
	Screen 0
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard1"
        Driver      "ati"
        VendorName  "Radeon Mobility 9000"
        BusID       "PCI:2:2:0"
	Screen 1
EndSection

I still only get the display duped in both monitors.
I tried without
Screen 0
and
Screen 1
specified in device section as well, still no joy. Screen 0 and Screen 1 are
always duplicates.

Also saw a similar type thing when testing with a Matrox G550, could only
get duplicate
screens, but it only showed one BusID.

I am using the same basic configs outside of the device section for
Videocards that works up to a four head setup.
But those where using the older Colorgraphics cards based on cirrus.

Anything else I may be doing wrong?

Ted

DISCLAIMER

confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify me and
permanently delete the original and any copy of any e-mail and any printout
thereof.

E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. The
sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in
the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.
REGARDING PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
Crown Financial Group may, at its discretion, monitor and review the content
of all e-mail communications.