X11R6.8.1 released

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Sep 15 11:00:11 PDT 2004

On Wednesday 15 September 2004 10:44, Stefan Dirsch wrote:
>On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 10:34:44AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> On Wednesday 15 September 2004 10:19, Daniel Stone wrote:
>> >http://freedesktop.org/~xorg/X11R6.8.1/src/xorg-6.8.0-to-6.8.1.pa
>> >tch
>>
>> Humm, dropping this in /usr/src, and cd'ing to /usr/src/xc and
>> issueing this:
>> patch -p1 <../xorg-6.8.0-to-6.8.1.patch
>> gets this:
>> patching file BUILD
>> Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]
>>
>> At which point I ctl+c'd it.
>>
>> Whats the correct proceedure to apply this?
>
>The patch needs to be applied reversively (patch option "-R").
>
>Stefan

It worked that way Stefan, and I've got it building again, but from
the announcement's explanation, doesn't that truely take us back to
the 6.7 and earlier version you said was badly broken?  Somehow, my
non-comprehend detector went off before I could grok it all.

Inquireing minds want to know. :)

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)