DRM radeon i2c support and GPL

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Mon Sep 20 16:10:31 PDT 2004

On Llu, 2004-09-20 at 18:38, Adam Jackson wrote:
> Inclusion is not conversion, in this case.  All the copyright statements in
> the DRM source (excluding your recent commit) specify BSD licenses.  If the
> bug-fixers wanted their changes to apply under the GPL they should have
> indicated that by changing the copyright statement at the top of the file.

Some of the pure Linux code is clearly derivative of existing GPL code.
I personally don't see the issue for platform specific code that isn't
meant to be and won't be portable. Providing that code is also clearly
marked. Is there a reason however for not starting from the X code for
doing this management ?