XDMCP not showing login dialog
es.xorg at javanet.info
Wed Sep 29 08:43:12 PDT 2004
hello all and my apologize if this is not the right list to ask questions!
I really need some help to connect via XDMCP I have no login dialog
after X is started up.
I'm using mandrake 9.2 to connect to a xorg 6.7.0-r2 and KDE3.3.0 on gentoo
I have folowed the HOWTO but I have no login screen after X is
succesfully started. I have googled but not found anything usefull:(
The things I checked/made are:
1) ! DisplayManager.requestPort: 0 is commented out in
2) In /etc/X11/xdm/Xaccess I have uncommented: * # any host can
get a login window
3) xdm service is restarted succesfully
4) Firewall is disabled to making tests
5) on "client" X -broadcast :1 shows up a blue screen with the mouse X
cursor but no login.
Running kde via ssh works but it's not what I was really looking for. I
need a full X session.
thanks in advance
More information about the xorg