I2C driver directory

Luc Verhaegen libv at skynet.be
Wed Sep 29 18:05:46 PDT 2004

On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 08:20:58PM -0400, Vladimir Dergachev wrote:

>  GATOS TV-in code has many drivers for I2C bus. These are pretty much
> independent from ATI hardware, so it would be nice to put them separately.
>
>  Would anyone object to creating the following directory
>
>  /xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/i2c
>
>  and putting all the GATOS i2c drivers there ?
>
>                           best
>
>                             Vladimir Dergachev
Are you talking about seperating out support for i2c addressable
devices, like the SAA71xx, BT8xx, CH7xxx, VT162/3x etc. from drivers?
Not only tuners but also tv/tmds/lvds encoders?

If so, great! I've had that sort of thing as a goal for the
via/unichrome driver.

Are you planning for seperate modules here?

What about tv encoders like the mga maven? Which, afaik is very driver
specific, but is also external to the mga g400 (iirc).

Luc Verhaegen.