does i915 support have a problem with screens

Kim Schulz kim at schulz.dk
Sun Apr 3 12:03:18 PDT 2005

Hi,
I recently bought a Zepto Znote 2215w laptop (www.zepto.com), and I'm
how trying to install linux (in this case Mandrake cooker) on it.
When trying to setup X I get into problems.
The X server says:
(II) I810: Driver for Intel Integrated Graphics Chipsets: i810, i810-
dc100, i810e, i815, i830M, 845G, 852GM/855GM, 865G
(II) Primary Device is: PCI 00:02:0
(WW) I810: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0:2:1)
found (EE) No devices detected.

Fatal server error:
no screens found
Rest of the Xorg.0.log can be found here:
http://www.cs.aau.dk/~kim/Xorg.0.log

This error is weird because my xorg.conf has a device section for the
second(???) device. My
my xorg.conf can be found here:
http://www.cs.aau.dk/~kim/xorg.conf

It's a laptop so there is no second screen. The only thing that it can
be is the output to an external screen, but it should not be needed to
be connected to this one all the time.
I have tried to remove the second device in the xorg.conf and I have
tried to add it. I have even tried to swap them, but nothing helps. The
same error (except for the PCI:0:2:1 number) is shown.

Does anyone have an idea of what is wrong and maybe how to fix it?

a log of lspci can be found here:
http://www.cs.aau.dk/~kim/lspci.log

--
   Kim Schulz   | Keen of Fundanemt? Want to share experieces with
 Geek by nature | other users? join The Fundanemt User Group NOW!