render improvements

Zack Rusin zrusin at trolltech.com
Sat Apr 16 17:48:54 PDT 2005

On Saturday 16 April 2005 18:59, Owen Taylor wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 20:35 -0400, Zack Rusin wrote:
> > > The benchmark numbers you posted look good for the general case
> > > but are marginally slower for Over blends, which will probably be
> > > 90% of Render usage.  I suspect this is a result of not using the
> > > MMX path.
> >
> > Right. The super-fancy special casing is not in ;) Once Owen
> > commits the MMX code to xserver we'll merge that back in and I'll
> > add some AltiVec code because we just can't have PPC trailing
> > behind, can we? ;)
>
> This was committed yesterday. (Had to get Soeren to do it for me
> since I don't have commit access to the xserver tree, as it turns
> out.)

Great, thanks. You forgot to commit the fbmmx.{h,c} files though. I
merged in our changes anyway. The new diff is at
http://ktown.kde.org/~zrusin/render_xserver.diff . But this one is
completely untested (I have to leave for a bit. It compiles, hence we
can ship it, we just might not want to be running it ;) ) . I'll test
it all out once fbmmx files will be in.

Zack

--
"There is hope... but not for us." -Kafka