render improvements

Diego Calleja diegocglinux at yahoo.es
Mon Apr 18 15:20:19 PDT 2005

El Sun, 17 Apr 2005 16:08:17 +1000,
Keith Packard <keithp at keithp.com> escribió:

> That code should never have been written, and would have been deleted a
> long time ago if xclock wasn't using it.
>
> I don't know how to get rid of it now though, suggestions would be
> welcome.

(my very humble opinion, not intending to start a flamewar)

Why not rm -rf'ing it? There're some of those utilities that can be useful, like twm.
But xclock? There're dozens of better clocks available and people using xclock can
use them, and if someone deletes xclock it doesn't stop someone from resurrecting
and fixing it and maintaining it themselves....there's nothing wrong with maintaining
it if it doesn't causes problems, but IMHO, if xclock is stopping people from fixing the
x server, why it is not better to fix the x server and get rid of xclock?