pkgconfig license

Zack Rusin zrusin at trolltech.com
Sat Apr 23 14:43:05 PDT 2005

On Saturday 23 April 2005 17:00, Owen Taylor wrote:
> [ There actually is a C++ alternate implementation of pkg-config
>   floating around. I haven't looked at the licensing of that. ]

Yes, I and Ian have an implementation of pkg-config that could be
relicensed to anything. We created it because we wanted to have a
linkable pkg-config library. So if the license of current pkg-config
implementation is really a problem (and given the amount of arguments
against it, I don't think it is) I can at any moment contribute to Xorg
an implementation of pkg-config with _any_ license the community
wishes.

I think we're trying to find a problem where there really isn't one :)

Zack

--
Time is what keeps everything from happening at once.