flush xorg image cache?

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sun Apr 24 20:11:17 PDT 2005

XFree86 tried a custom allocator for 4.0 and found that it was a
disaster in some common, but unexpected cases.  I suggest we leave the
business of memory allocation to the C library implementors, who have
proven far better at this than X developers in the last twenty years.

This is not to discourage people from playing with malopt to see whether
we can get more stuff returned to the kernel in some situations, but
please limit such stuff in the default implementation.

-keith