projectroot makes ld not work

Stuart Anderson anderson at netsweng.com
Tue Apr 26 07:37:49 PDT 2005

When using projectroot, I think you will need to do a full build of the
tree, instead of a minimal build as is configured ni the host.def you
referenced.

Try removing these lines to get more of the tree to build:

#define BuildLibraries NO
#define BuildLibrariesForXServers NO
#define BuildLibrariesForConfigTools NO

Another way would be to figure out how to pass -L/usr/X11R6/lib into the
build so it will pick up some of the libraries from you system.

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005, Christoffer Brodd-Reijer wrote:

> I want to compile the CVS of xorg and not install it over my existing xorg.
> So I read the CVS page on the xorg wiki. My intentions are to install DRI and
> DRM for my VIA video card (following a guide at
> http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/Building, but this one installs over the
> existing xorg). So I fetched the cvs and the host.def from
> http://freedesktop.org/~fxkuehl/host.def. Now I added #define ProjectRoot and
> NothingOutsideProjectRoot, so I could install this new xorg at some location
> and then just make a symlink.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

                                 Stuart

Stuart R. Anderson                               anderson at netsweng.com
Network & Software Engineering                   http://www.netsweng.com/
1024D/37A79149:                                  0791 D3B8 9A4C 2CDC A31F
                                                  BD03 0A62 E534 37A7 9149