render improvements

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu Apr 28 13:15:04 PDT 2005

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 12:33:38 -0400, John McCutchan wrote:
> Is there still a plan to move all this code to libpixman ? And what
> about the trapezoid code?

We definitely want to move everything to libpixman.

For that to make sense, we'll need to port the server to use
libpixman, (which may be something more like recreating the current
libpixman interface (or better) from the latest server sources). I'll
be glad to help out with this project, but I don't think it makes too
much sense until the modularization work starts landing/settling.

As for the trapezoid code, I re-synchronized libpixman with xserver
not too long ago, (to get Keith's rewrite from late 2004). There
hasn't been any new trapezoid work since then has there?

-Carl (who is quite looking forward to having one copy of all this
 code, rather than 3+).