Stopping work on EGL and Xgl

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Tue Aug 16 09:39:36 PDT 2005

On Aug 11, 05 19:21:18 -0400, Jon Smirl wrote:
> The basic problem is that only two people (myself and DaveR) are
> working on Xgl. Xgl is way too large for two people to finish. I have
> been trying without success for the last year to attract more people
> to work on Xgl.

John, you have been aware, that I'm working on Xgl as well?
Not full-time (have to do other Xorg work and some QA as well), though.

So far the most of my time I spent in a working autobuild environment,
because I think we won't attract new developers if we don't have
prepackaged Xglx with distributions (which we will have with SuSE Linux
10.0, check out the beta on www.opensuse.org - sorry for
self-advertizing). Additionally, I worked on XVideo support, which
hasn't been included in mainline Xgl due to numerous interface changes
especially WRT render-to-texture.

As soon as the beta phase of SL10.0 is over, I hope I can contribute
more, again.

Sad that you're leaving. Keep us posted what you're doing!

Thanks

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>       __        __   __