Input device design (2)

Jim Gettys jg at freedesktop.org
Wed Aug 31 07:39:26 PDT 2005

I claim once we make it possible, the various desktop projects will join
in to worry about the UI for X server configuration.

And sticks in the mud (or embedded systems where space can be precious
or there may be no human involved) can do command line tools, as they
always have.

Our primary job is to get X to be able to be configured from outside
agents, rather than it presuming it is in control, in a static fashion.
				- Jim