Radeon mem map fix (#2): Need regression tests please

Mart Raudsepp leio at dustbite.net
Mon Dec 19 15:53:39 PST 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-19 at 17:36 +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-12-19 at 17:07 +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
>
> > I think I've get something in shape for getting the radeon memory map
> > finally sane, removing all sort of hacks, and possibly fixing all sort
> > of weird bugs. It works best with the very latest radeon DRM fixes to
> > the same area but might well improve things all by itself
>
>   .../...
>
> And here's a new rev. of the patch that fixes a couple more things.

And here's the same rev. of the patch converted to apply easily to
modular (to be applied in driver/xf86-video-ati path with -p0):
http://ucw.dustbite.net/xorg/xf86-video-ati-6.5.7.2-radeon_memmap_fix.patch.gz

And for those gentooers out there who like to kill their system,
http://ucw.dustbite.net/overlay/ is a little overlay with an
xf86-video-ati ebuild that patches 6.5.7.2 with the doc updates found in
current CVS, and the radeon memory map rework from benh :)
I'm not planning on making any radeon DRM ebuilds.

With regards,
Mart Raudsepp