How to say that I want to receive DAMAGE notifications for new windows?

Carlos Eduardo Rodrigues Diogenes cerdiogenes at yahoo.com.br
Tue Dec 20 09:40:55 PST 2005

Hi,

I was reading a tutorial about composite,
http://ktown.kde.org/~fredrik/composite_howto.html, and in the section
"Tracking damage and other changes to a window" is said that I must
create a handle for each window that I'm interested in with
XDamageCreate (in the example the return value is holded, why this is
necessary?). I have the following doubts:

    * can I create a damage handle for all the windows with something
      like this?

        for ( int i = 0; i < ScreenCount( dpy ); i++ )

            XDamageCreate ( dpy, RootWindow( dpy, i ),
            XDamageReportNonEmpty);

    * What can I do to automatic create Damage handles for new windows
      initialized by the user?

Thanks,
Carlos.