[Openchrome-users] Re: Modular X.org and the Unichrome forks.

John Robinson john.robinson at anonymous.org.uk
Thu Dec 22 03:28:46 PST 2005

On 22/12/2005 10:51, Thomas Hellström wrote:
[...]
> I can't see why it should be necessary or even beneficial to remove the
> driver from head. Who would really benefit from it and why?

Agreed. I want my EPIA to work with accelerated support out of the box
(including DRM/DRI, 3D accel and XvMC) with the next round of distro
releases, which it will; please can we keep it that way?

As far as the fork process goes, well, if "unichrome" is "uni" meaning
one and "chrome" meaning shiny feature, the unichrome chipset has one
shiny feature, which is the mpeg decode acceleration, and for me that
means Luc's unichrome.sf.net driver is now a red herring.

If Luc wants to optimise the driver that's great, and I'm sure all
unichrome chipset users would appreciate it, if he'd please do it for a
driver version users actually want to use?

Cheers,

John.