Proposal for integrating Looking Glass Xorg Mods into Xorg Release 7.1

Deron Johnson Deron.Johnson at Sun.COM
Fri Dec 23 14:41:24 PST 2005

I have been discussing with Paul Anderson the integration of Project
Looking Glass modifications for Xorg Release 7.1.  All of the source
modifications are enclosed in #ifdef LG3D, so they are easy to
identify. The plan is to integrate these modifications into 7.1 but
have the LG3D symbol be undefined by default. In future releases I'd
like to see some (or all) of these changes gradually mainstreamed so
they are part of the default build, but for now they will be disabled
by default.

Further discussion about this plan will take place on the Xorg
Architecture mail alias, xorg-arch at lists.freedesktop.org. Please
join us on this alias if you have any questions or comments.

You will find links describing the LG3D Modifications to Xorg
at http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/LookingGlassIntegration.
The "Proposed Modifications" is the starting point for the
documentation.

The Project Looking Glass main site is:

    https://lg3d-core.dev.java.net

The source for the modifications is in the lg3d-dev-0-7-1 branch
of the Xorg tree. The modifications in this branch are based on
Xorg 6.8.2. I am currently in the process of porting these to
Xorg 6.9 and 7.0.