ColorTiling breaks output on G5

Roland Scheidegger rscheidegger_lists at hispeed.ch
Wed Feb 9 05:35:19 PST 2005

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
>>+    if (!info->FBDev)
>>+	if (!RADEONPreInitInt10(pScrn, &pInt10))
>>+	    goto fail;
>>+
>>+    RADEONPostInt10Check(pScrn, int10_save);
>>+
>>+    if (!RADEONPreInitConfig(pScrn))
>>+	goto fail;
>>+
>>

> Why are you moving that around ? I don't like when a patch is doing more
> than advertised :) I also think I had a reason to move that down, though
> I'm not 100% what was the reason back then. I'll have a look tomorrow.

The reason is the info->ChipFamily which I need for determining if
tiling should be disabled is initialized in RADEONPreInitConfig as far
as I can tell.
It should make no problems, the patch may look like that but I actually
didn't move this around, but only moved the color tiling stuff to just
below that.

Roland