XEvIE Intercept - Demuxing Inputs

matt fowle thefowle at wam.umd.edu
Thu Feb 10 19:03:57 PST 2005

Hello again,

I figured I'd ask for he umpteen bajillion time if there's any chance
anyone is at all interested in including some sort of identifier to
declare what physical device an input is coming from.

It seems like XEvIE is getting some heavy work and is the perfect place
for this: an intercept layer.  I havent seen any posts about this in
relation to XEvIE, but I have seen a million posts about this general
topic (some way to demux the inputs) and a coupe replies suggeting XEvIE
might do it, but it doesnt.  We should seriously get off our lazy tard
arses and change this glaring massive vacuum.

Is there any development interest in this?

I'm willing to actually try this myself, although I assure you it'll be
a hack.  I spent couple years back looking through X to see where I
could hack some additional code for this, but my foo was not so good
those years past and X ate me alive.  I couldnt even figure out where to
start.  If anyone could pinpoint for me where all the X inputs get muxed
into a single channel for me, I'd love to jump into the fray.

thanks
Myren