X11/OpenGL/Redhat

Mike A. Harris mharris at www.linux.org.uk
Thu Feb 17 03:22:36 PST 2005

This is an older mail, but inaccurate, so I felt I should respond.

Sergio Monteiro Basto wrote:
> to simplify
> RedHat still use XFree86 on old system but Red Hat 4 (beta) have xorg-
> x11-6.8.1 , last xorg release comes from one copy (trunk) of Xfree
> 4.4cvs tree before Xfree86 change is license.

s/RedHat/Red Hat/

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1 provides XFree86 4.1.0, which was the
current XFree86 release at the time it shipped.  Red Hat Enterprise
Linux 3 provides XFree86 4.3.0 similarly.  Red Hat Enterprise
Linux 4 provides X.Org X11 6.8.x.

The Fedora Project releases of Fedora Core 2 and 3 provide X.Org
X11, and future Fedora Core and Red Hat Enterprise Linux releases
will also ship X.Org X11.

Just wanted to clarify this for the original poster, as they seemed
to be new to X11.

TTYL