[R300 and other radeons] MergedFB lockups

Vladimir Dergachev volodya at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 18 17:10:09 PST 2005

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005, Vladimir Dergachev wrote:

> I think I found the cause of lockups in VB mode - they were due to cursor
> updating function in radeon_mergedfb.c calling OUTREGP() which in turn called
> INREG.

Forgot to add:

      1. the fix is in X.org CVS, if you are running R300 + merged fb I
         recommend to update the driver

      2. VB mode also needs the fix from Nicolai Haehnle that was committed
         to R300 CVS earlier.

         I tested with glxgears and quake3a - no lockups so far, even on
         crossing window boundaries.

                          best

                              Vladimir Dergachev