Bounties secound try (agree or bash just spell my name right;)

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 16:06:17 PST 2005

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 22:16:44 +0200 (IST), Ely Levy
<elylevy-xserver at cs.huji.ac.il> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> After not getting any respond whatsoever to my last email I'll try again.
>
> 1) Trying out bounties won't hurt anyone.
> 2) All I need from you guys is help in founding bounties idea and
>    a general permission to try it in xorg's name.(which is important
>    as I'm going to try to get people to contribute money for it).
> 3) If anything official need to be done to handle the money.
>
> So please take a few minutes and write some bounties ideas,
> if you can write how long/how much work do you think it would take.
> And if you have even a bit more time please help out by writing
> as accurate description as possible to what need to be done.

Bounties may be a good idea for some things, but I was thinking of
more of a general xorg development fund.  People would donate to it
and the money would be used to pay the developer time needed to
implement whatever major features were requested (support for new
chips, new XAA, etc.).  With a Fund, you'd be guaranteed of results,
however, it's probably a more significant initial outlay of cash
required.

Alex