[R300 and other radeons] MergedFB lockups

Vladimir Dergachev volodya at mindspring.com
Sat Feb 19 20:30:57 PST 2005

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005, Vladimir Dergachev wrote:

>>> get an immediate lockup in gl-117 when moving the mouse. If I use
>>> current DRM with an older Mesa it locks up after about a minute of mouse
>>> movement.
>>
>> rv250 here, CVS HEAD X.org, Meas CVS Head DRI driver, current bk kernel
>> (well, actually, all of the above are about 5 days old, doesn't have
>> Vladimir latest fixes), I get very jerky display with g117 and broken
>> textures, ultimately it locks up after moving the mouse a little bit (at
>> the meny screen).
>
> Is it a hard lockup ? With R300 it segfaults when I move a mouse due to
> vertex arrays code not written yet, however it is strange this happens only
> after a mouse movement.

One more thing: go to ~/.gl-117 and edit the file "conf" to turn off full
screen mode.

Reduce the resolution to something small (like 640x480).

Now you would be able to run it under debugger and see where it segfaults.

I am curious to see where the problem is in rv250 driver.

                         best

                            Vladimir Dergachev