Apple M9179LL/A 30" Widescreen LCD with rv280

Esben Stien b0ef at esben-stien.name
Fri Feb 25 05:07:58 PST 2005

I'm planning on getting the M9179LL/A; it's a Apple 30" Widescreen
LCD, http://www.apple.com/displays/ - probably Samsung or Viewsonic
OEM. If anyone knows please tell.

I intend to run this with a rv280 gpu, Radeon 9250 on GNU/Linux. This
card features a single link DVI which is not sufficient to run the LCD
in native resolution, 2560x1600. I will run in 1280x800/1920x1200
until a card is out that is supported with libre software. I have seen
this monitor operate at 1280x800/1920x1200 and it's blurryness is
acceptable for a short term solution.

I am interested in the aspects relating to boot up "out of sync" reports.

All the monitor adjustements are done in software. Is it possible to
adjust this monitor with libre software?. I guess I have xgamma(1).

There is a report,

http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2004Jun/bma20040630025789.htm

.. that older revisions of this monitor had some problems with the
monitor going "out of sync" making it impossible to access bios or
even use until it was initialized in native resolution. The newer
revisions of this monitor have this issue resolved, or so they
say. Anyone have any experience?

Anyone have any experience with this display or other inputs?.

Esben Stien is b0ef at esben-stien.name
http://www.esben-stien.name
irc://irc.esben-stien.name/%23contact
[sip|iax]:b0ef at esben-stien.name