Apple M9179LL/A 30" Widescreen LCD with rv280

Vladimir Dergachev volodya at mindspring.com
Sun Feb 27 22:08:49 PST 2005

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005, Daniel Stone wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 12:07:26AM -0500, Vladimir Dergachev wrote:
>> There are drivers in development at http://r300.sf.net .
>>
>> Currently (02/28/05) the status is as follows:
>>
>>     * drivers are stable on some machines but not on others, perhaps
>>       depending on a card's PCI id (the code has been run on various
>>       revisions of r3xx/r4xx cards)
>>
>>     * not all features are working yet, for example stencil and
>>       multitexturing  are broken.
>>
>>     * in those instances when the driver is stable the performance
>>       is reasonable, you can play Quake and some other games,
>>       glxgears gives around 1000 fps with, AFAIK, correct display.
>>
>> Everyone is welcome to join the project :)
>
> Out of curiousity, how does it fly with a) 64-bit machines, and b) PCIE?
>
> I've got an amd64 here with both a rv370 (X300 SE; is that rv380?) and a
> r480 (X850 XT PE), wouldn't mind trying them out if it would be
> worthwhile.

I would be very interested in the result. If your PCI ids are unknown try
adding them to the driver, you would likely need "RV350" drawing mode for
both chips.

AFAIK, 64-bit should work, but I don't know about PCIE - this might depend
on PCIGART, I do not believe anyone has tried r300.sf.net with PCIE yet.

                      best

                         Vladimir Dergachev