checking things into extras/drm

Dave Airlie airlied at linux.ie
Sat Jan 8 03:38:56 PST 2005

> > When we next import a DRM from the main tree will we have to much about
> > with CVS admin to put things back on the vendor branch?
>
> You shouldn't have to muck about with CVS admin. I don't understand
> this. Using 'cvs import' and fixing conflicts should be fine.

I've found with doing vendor imports, life is easier if you rebase the
HEAD onto the vendor branch if local changes have been pushed upstream so
you don't have to fix the conflicts every time after that, I think we
rebase parts of the Mesa tree when we imported it into Xorg at the
start...

> There were some extra DPMS code in X.Org's DRM which I'm massaging into
> the DRM trunk, but's it's not perfect yet because of the diverging code there.

Ahh no worries, we probably should import the DRM into Xorg when Mesa
imports are done just to do it regularly...

Dave.

--
David Airlie, Software Engineer
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / airlied at skynet.ie
pam_smb / Linux DECstation / Linux VAX / ILUG person