FB-access-wrapper?

Torrey Lyons torrey at mrcla.com
Fri Jan 14 21:05:16 PST 2005

At 8:31 PM -0800 1/14/05, Keith Packard wrote:
>Around 19 o'clock on Jan 14, Thomas Winischhofer wrote:
>
>>  But I have found a MUCH better solution. I don't refresh the areas when
>>  RefreshArea is called. Instead, I create a box that "covers" all
>>  submitted boxes and update this "large" box in the blockhandler.
>
>The miext/shadow code delays until the block handler already; is there
>something wrong with that code?

It is worth noting that on modern Macs anyway, the block handler
fires far too often for this purpose. That is we found that updating
each time you hit the block handler is inefficient as you end up
updating far too often. The generic rootless code instead ensures
that a sufficient amount of time has passed before doing another
update of all the damaged regions.

--Torrey