porting from SGIs to Linux?

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Wed Jan 19 16:34:15 PST 2005

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Jeremy Kolb wrote:

> Adam Jackson wrote:
>> On Tuesday 18 January 2005 19:08, Jeremy Kolb wrote:
>>
>>> You are assuming that a loaded module is part of the kernel then.
>>

>> You're saying a loaded module is part of userspace?  It's one or the other.
>>
>> - ajax
>
> Intuitively I would say that it's definitely in kernel-space but it would
> seem to me that the kernel isn't the only thing allowed in kernel-space.  I
> don't see how including a proprietary module (that's also separate from the
> main kernel tree) would invalidate the nonproprietariness of the rest of the
> kernel.

 	Ok, last post from me on this topic:

 	What about an OpenMotif application running on Linux, but being
displayed to a remote HPUX workstation.  Suddenly that would be illegal?
That makes no sense to me.

Jon Trulson    mailto:jon at radscan.com
ID: 1A9A2B09, FP: C23F328A721264E7 B6188192EC733962
PGP keys at http://radscan.com/~jon/PGPKeys.txt
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
"I am Nomad." -Nomad