X: savage driver: ARGB Cursor ?

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 06:40:11 PST 2005

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 15:07:18 +0100, Felix Kühling <fxkuehl at gmx.de> wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 20.01.2005, 09:29 +0000 schrieb ROBERTOJIMENOCA:
> > Felix Kühling wrote:

> > > If this is what I think it is, then it's the VIA/S3 code drop that the
> > > current 3D driver is based on. Alex Deucher has done most of the work on
> > > the 2D side. He should know more about ARGB cursors and if the code drop
> > > supported them. Please post this kind of questions to
> > > dri-devel at lists.sourceforge.net (for 3D-related questions) or to
> > > xorg at lists.freedesktop.org (for 2D questions) so that the most competent
> > > people can reply. I am subscribed to both lists and will respond to
> > > questions I can answer.

I merged all the necessary bits of the S3 code into DRI cvs a year ago
and it has since been merged into Xorg.  The code drop did not contain
support for ARGB cursors and I don't think the hardware is even
capable of it.  I suspect windows uses some sort of color hack or
software for ARGB cursors.

Alex