composite on G5

Jorge Campos jcampos at ucdavis.edu
Sat Jan 22 20:49:26 PST 2005

Well, I've tried it on KDE and 'xcompmgr -c' still turns all windows gray.
Also, I couldn't quite figure out how to tell 'make' to compile the
XServer in 32-bit mode.

I noticed that you are able to run xcompmgr on your Apple laptop... I'm
assuming its a G4 (hence, 32-bits=no problems).  The XServer runs fine
without starting up xcompmgr... so I'm wondering if xcompmgr is causing
the problem b/c I believe xcompmgr.c was last modified in October whereas
the composite code for the  XServer has been updated as recently as
yesterday.

-Jorge