radeon tiling again...

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 17:42:03 PST 2005

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 19:58:29 -0500, Michel Dänzer <michel at daenzer.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-01-23 at 18:33 -0500, Alex Deucher wrote:
> > On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 21:03:06 +0100, Roland Scheidegger
> > <rscheidegger_lists at hispeed.ch> wrote:
> > > Ok, new version is up here:
> > > http://homepage.hispeed.ch/rscheidegger/dri_experimental/radeon_tiling_drm9.diff
> > > http://homepage.hispeed.ch/rscheidegger/dri_experimental/radeon_tiling_ddx9.diff
> > > http://homepage.hispeed.ch/rscheidegger/dri_experimental/radeon_tiling_dri9.diff
> > >
> > > This one now uses the new surface ioctl from Stephane (included in the
> > > tiling drm patch for both core and old drm). Other than that, not much
> > > has changed. I hope this is the final version now...
> > > Mergedfb + pageflip fix is now separate (attached), you need to apply
> > > this before the tiling ddx patch. It is untested however.
> > >
> > > Roland
> >
> > Tested these on mergedfb and all works well.  pageflipping still
> > doesn't work with mergedfb.
>
> Is that with Roland's separate patch for this applied as well?

yes.  I doesn't work with various attempts I made as well.

> > Both viewports end up at zero as usual.
>
> That doesn't make sense, at least CRTC2 should always have worked
> correctly. I suspect something's wrong on your end, unless you're using
> the *-core DRM maybe, and this was broken there somehow?

Nope, my radeon box is still on 2.4.  pageflipping used to work fine
(at least when crtc1 was at a lower offset) when I was using the DRI
tree, but ever since we started using the Xorg tree, pageflipping
stopped working.  I can confirm that lots of other users also have
this behavior; perhaps something weird about the sarea handling in
xorg vs. the DRI tree?
I plan to ugrade my radeon box to a 2.6 distro in the next few days so
I'll test again then.

Alex