Dimond Viper v550

cameron cameron at ogmios.ca
Mon Jan 24 13:13:08 PST 2005

I am having no end of problems with this device.

Output from lspci:
    0000:00:0f.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV4 [RIVA
TNT] (rev 04)

Relevant device section:
    Section "Device"
        Identifier  "NVIDIA_Riva_TNT"
        Driver      "nvidia"
        #Driver      "nv"
        BusID       "0:15:0"
    EndSection

If I use the nv driver then X will hang. I found a reference the nvidia
proprietary driver and installed it and now my display works and it does
not hang but it is all fragmented and doesn't refresh properly. The task
bar doesn't display at all and when I move a window I get window
'pieces' left all over the place. It is quite unusable.

If anyone has any ideas/references/etc I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

-Cam