Disable xterm and XRX builds per default / [Fwd: CVS Update: xc (branch: trunk)]

Egbert Eich eich at pdx.freedesktop.org
Tue Jan 25 07:27:04 PST 2005

Thomas Dickey writes:
 > On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 09:48:10AM -0800, Keith Packard wrote:
 > > Xterm is a particularly egregious case here -- while the other external
 > > packages are included because X.org packages depend on them, Xterm is
 > > included purely because it used to be maintained by X consortium staff.
 > > It has not been maintained by anyone within the XFree86 or X.org trees for
 > > many years.
 >
 > that's odd, since there are a few hundred commits in XFree86 tree for xterm.

Thomas,

that's correct - I know as I myself have committed code there.

The question remains if this is a satisfactory solution for you
as the primary maintainer of this software being that you are
hosting the xterm sources outside of the huge monolithic tree.

You will have to keep things in sync making sure you don't loose
any valid changes that went into any of the monolithic trees.

Cheers,
	Egbert.