New acceleration architecture

Zack Rusin zrusin at trolltech.com
Fri Jul 1 00:03:51 PDT 2005

On Tuesday 28 June 2005 06:22, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> Have you considered handling memory allocation via driver callbacks?

No, I haven't actually and this is an excellent point. Thanks for bringing it
up.

> [...]
> could still be offered in the form of helper%Î   .   !Î   ..  &Î  èCVS                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             *Î   .   !Î   ..  +Î  èCVS                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             +Î   .   *Î   ..  ,Î
Repository  éÌ  ÔEntries áÌ  ÄEntries.Log éÌ  °Entries.Backup                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           series that has changed its
name (but apparently not function) from the 2.4
series. It appears twice as far as i can tell:

xserver/hw/kdrive/linux/evdev.c
xserver/hw/xgl/egl/evdev.c

I couldn't, however, work out what to change these to
or whether it was that simple.
Any ideas?

Thanks
Andrew