CVS Update: xserver (branch: trunk)

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Mon Jul 4 15:35:44 PDT 2005

On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 03:18:40PM -0700, Alexander Gottwald wrote:
> Log message:
>   2005-07-05  Alexander Gottwald  <ago at freedesktop.org>
>
>   	* configure.ac:
>   	* hw/Makefile.am:
>   	Add XWin DDX, make Xorg DDX conditional
>   	Make XF86VidMode and XF86Misc conditional
>
>   	* include/xwin-config.h.in:
>   	* hw/xwin/Makefile.am:
>   	Add XWin DDX
>
>   	* include/dix-config.h.in:
>   	Added DDXTIME, DDXOSFATALERROR, DDXOSVERRORF and DDXBEFORERESET
>
>   	* fb/Makefile.am:
>   	Added fbcmap.c
>
>   	* mi/Makefile.am:
>   	Added miinitext.c
>
>   	* xkb/Makefile.am:
>   	Added -I$(top_srcdir)/Xext/extmod to INCLUDES

Hi Alexander,
Firstly, thanks for doing this!  Much appreciated.

Secondly, fbcmap.c and miinitext.c have been deliberately excluded from
the DIX builds.  fbcmap.c has code conditional on which DDX is being
built, and miinitext.c is highly conditional on which DDX is being used.
If you look at the DMX build system, they have to do some astoundingly
terrible hacks to build their own miinitext.c files.

If you look in hw/xfree86/dixmods, you can see all the files from the
DIX that are built from within the Xorg DDX because they're
DDX-dependent.

As for xkb/xkb.c, it really just needs the modinit.h inclusion ripped
out.

Cheers,
Daniel