Fwd: Re: libprinter.a .99 error ...?

Allen Graves graves_allen at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 12 03:55:01 PDT 2005

What I don't understand is...

If these "evil hack"ers have gone on ahead upon the
labors of others ( brings to mind this C(*6*&^6
euro-patent stuff ... ) ( ...I'm in america ), why
can't we just re-claim the code and use it as it is?
In other words, insert "modules" derived from old code
into the new labor...?

I know that I'm only a modest newbie (ones of) the one
that stirred up this hornet's nest, but I've been
"over-see-ing" the exchanges. You've had admirable
exchanges... but I don't believe for an instant that
it's all been solved. I'm not sure I'm willing to grab
the new code and try again... this little adventure
cost me 7 hrs. fixing SuSE, and FC3 ( with its LVM
bullshit ) might be lost forever...

i DO APPRECIATE your efforts... I've learned a lot (
or is that a "catch-phrase"?

_Allen ( "MeWho Stirred Up This Hornets' Nest )