recent changes to Xgl

David Reveman davidr at novell.com
Tue Jun 7 17:50:09 PDT 2005

I committed a large set of changes to the xserver tree earlier today.
Pbuffers are no longer used by Xgl for offscreen rendering and indirect
GLX should now be working much better.

As no other server than Xgl is using the GLX code in the xserver tree,
I've committed the changes needed to build Xgl with GLX support. This
includes a preliminary implementation of GLX_MESA_render_texture (I'll
send another mail regarding this shortly).

The following set of patches will need to be applied to Mesa CVS in
order to build the xserver tree with GLX support.

mesa-driver-x11-fbo-span-fix.diff
mesa-driver-x11-fbo-back-buffer-fix.diff
mesa-gl_mangle-fbo-update.diff (As gl_mangle.h is automatically
generated this isn't the correct fix, but as I couldn't find the source
to that, I've just done this manually for now)

please feel free to commit any of these patches.

Xgl still doesn't work if compiled with GLX support when using DRI as
native GL stack. Some conflicts between glcore and DRI. I haven't had
the time to dig into this any further but last time I checked Xgl seg
faulted somewhere in glitz after the DRI stack returned NULL from
glGetString(GL_EXTENSIONS). If someone likes to have a look at this,
that would be much appreciated.

-David