SCO port update - what now?

Fri Jun 10 08:56:03 PDT 2005

Kean Johnston wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've posted the patch for teh SCO port update in an attachment to
> #3180. I have a branch, called sco_port_update, that has it all
> committed. What now? How do I get this stuff on the trunk? I am
> working on a full ChangeLog entry if thats all thats missing.

Looking through the patch, it seems to be pretty reasonable, mostly
SCO-specific, and nothing jumps out at me from the rest.   (I'm not
sure the changes to whether monitor refresh rates are commented out
or not in the generated config file should be #ifdef SCO but rather
some more general #ifdef, but that can be cleaned up later.) I don't
see a reason why you shouldn't merge it to head once you have the
changelog done if you think it's ready to go.

I would suggest you contact Thomas Dickey about incorporating the
xterm changes into the xterm sources he maintains, because we're
trying not to fork from his source if possible.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com