KDE widgets gone under 6.8.99.8

Marek Wawrzyczny marekw1977 at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jun 15 18:22:50 PDT 2005

Hi,

I have experienced weird behaviour under xorg-x11 6.8.99.8 (Gentoo) that
forced me to downgrade back to 6.8.2. I'm running linux 2.6.12-rc4 on a
Toshiba Tecra S1 (ATI Radeon M9000, Pentium-M).

KDE (3.4.1) failed to draw button widgets (push buttons, some popups, some
window decorations, etc) when running under this server. The xorg logs seemed
ok, no reported "unusual" errors/problems. I am not running transparency in
KDE.

I know this is an experimental version and not sure if it warrants a bug
report (or where exactly that report should be filed). I tested 6.8.99.8 more
out of curiosity than anything else.

The following modules/extensions are being loaded:

Section "Module"
    Load        "dbe"

    SubSection  "extmod"
      Option    "omit xfree86-dga"   # don't initialise the DGA extension
    EndSubSection

    Load        "type1"
    Load        "freetype"
    Load        "glx"